Phased return to School – Nursery, Reception, Year 1 and Year 6
Dear Parents and Carers,
Following the Government’s announcement, we are planning a phased return to School from the 1 June. Our main priority is to ensure that all children and staff are safe in School.
At this point, it is possible that the children will come back to School on a part time rota basis.
Additionally, they may not be with their usual class teacher due to staffing issues and social distancing guidelines.
Some of the other measures that are likely to be in place:
- Reduced class sizes
- Groups of children not mixing together
- Desks and seats repositioned
- Reduced movement around school e.g. packed lunches eaten at desk in class
- Staggered break and lunch times
- Staggered drop off and collection times
- Increased cleaning of key areas
- Increased focus on hygiene e.g. washing hands
- No after school or lunch time clubs
The Government have made it clear that it is parent’s decision whether or not they feel their child will be safe attending School, and parents will not be penalised for non-attendance.
Children in School will be working on the same tasks set each week on the website for their year group.
In order to aid our planning, we need to gain your views and ask you to complete this short questionnaire by 1pm on Monday 18th May.
- https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/5YRL58D – Nursery Class
- https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/5JRMPH8 – Reception Class
- https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/5QG3H8S – Class One
- https://www.surveymonkey.co.uk/r/5WM6C7W – Class Six
As a school and community, we cannot wait for the day when we are all together again, however this must be when we are confident that both the staff and children can be kept safe.
Mr D Houson