Class Teacher: Mrs C Squire
Teaching Assistant: Miss Appassamy
- We will be learning about Ascension Day.
- This year it is on Thursday 21st May 2020.
- Ascension Day PowerPoint
- We will be looking at Money this week and lots of different ways we can make 20p.
- Money Worksheet
- This week I want you to create a character and create an amazing comic for your character.
- Remember to be creative.
- English Worksheet
- Have a look at this youtube video.
- I want you to design your own planet!
- Science Worksheet
This week we are going to be halving.
- I want you to write a letter to yourself so you can have a look back at it next year.
- It is a super crazy different time at the moment so write down all your thoughts and then pop it in an envelope and do not open it again till next year.
- Letter to Myself Template
This week for science you will be looking at body parts.
- If you would like a challenge try and see how many parts you can label BEFORE watching the video!
- Science Body Parts Worksheet
- How many did you get?
ICT Safety Work
Simple 15 minute activities to do with your child
Click on the links below for each activity pack. Every link contains two 15-minute activities to do with a child:
- Reward Chart
- Home activity pack 1
- Home activity pack 2
- Home activity pack 3
- Home activity pack 4
- Home activity pack 5
18th May 2020
Please see below the work for this week. Mrs Squire is missing you all and sends her love!
This week, we will be designing!
I want you to have a go at designing anything you want using any junk modelling materials in your house.
We will be writing numbers in words!
- Maths 1 Worksheet
- Maths2 Worksheet
- Maths 2 Worksheet
- Write about 5 things you have done this week in as much detail as you can.
- In the second worksheet, circle the correct word to complete each sentence then write the correct word on the line.
- English Worksheet
11th May 2020
5th May 2020
ICT Safety Homework Pack
Work for Week 4th May
Correct Mrs Squire’s story and make it even better.
- English worksheet
Don’t forget your capital letters, finger spaces and full stops.
Remember to make your stories exciting and fun!
Use the column addition method to add these numbers together.
- Maths worksheet
- Why are holidays different from ordinary days?
- Can you look at a calender and see what the next holiday is?
- Ask a grown up to help you research when is the next holy day?
- What are your favourite activities to do during holiday?
- What makes it a happy time?
This week we will be looking at seasons, do you know what season we are in now?
- Decorate the different trees for each season – science worksheet
Have a look at the season song if you need some help
Work for Week 20th April
- This week we will be looking at different shapes. Think about all the shapes that you know and look around your home to see what shapes you can find.
- We will be using adjectives to write your own story!
I want them to be as creative as possible- I can’t wait to read them.
Read the passage from the bible and have a think about these questions.
You can write down the answers or talk to a grown up.
- Why were Jesus’ friends sad again?
- What was the promise Jesus gave to his friends?
- Who was the helper and guide?
- Who would send the Holy Spirit?
ICT Safety Work
Work for Week 13th April
Before you begin give yourself a challenge and count out loud to a grown up as many numbers as you can. You can use a 100 square to help you. After you have done that, I want to you write the number one less and one more. Start with the green sheet and work your way up to red!
Write a story about The Rainbow Fish, you can either write a retell of the real story or you can make your own up it is completely up to you!
It was Easter Sunday on the 12th of April.
John 3:16 16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.
Write a short summary of what significant event happened on Easter Sunday?
6th April 2020
Hope you are all reading daily, here are some websites you can visit to practice your reading https://www.phonicsplay.co.uk/index.htm we play the pirates game in class to help us with our phonics.
Here are a few valuable website that have free resources and games that can help with your child’s learning:
Resources for Week of 6th April
2nd April 2020
- Help with Reading at Home ks1 – https://youtu.be/-YEuYCbMymk
- Castles Project for all ages – https://youtu.be/AgTDHhcc-u0
Mr Chown’s KS1 Lessons